Patients experiencing any of the following conditions, circumstances, and/or medical history should avoid oral Spironolactone:
- Kidney problems
- Depression or anxiety
- High potassium levels in the blood
- Pregnant or wish to become pregnant in the very near future
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Personal or family history of breast, ovarian or uterine cancer.
- Personal or family history of gastrointestinal bleeding (GI bleeding) or gastric ulcers.
- Using ACE-inhibitors, angiotensin receptor inhibitors, potassium pills, digoxin, lithium, NSAIDS and thiazide diuretics.