Side effects may include, but are not limited to: redness, dryness, peeling, warmth, itching, irritation, etc.
These are some of our most common suggestions for dealing with side effects:
- Confirm that you are using the medication according to your dermatologist’s instructions.
- If you are using The Spot Cream, Hydrocortisone may have been included in your initial fill to help your skin adjust to the medication and minimize any potential side effects. The refills will not contain it, as long-term use of steroids such as hydrocortisone is not recommended. As such, you may experience a slight increase in irritation with refills.
- If you have no previous experience with the active ingredients of your treatment, it should be used on alternating nights for the first two weeks to allow the skin to adjust to the ingredients.
- Five minutes after application, apply a generous portion of your favorite moisturizer (we recommend CeraVe Moisturizing Cream).
- Apply sunscreen daily to protect your skin.
- Check out the "How to Use’’ section of the Musely App which contains step-by-step application instructions, as well as tips to keep in mind.
- Make sure to follow eNurse check-ups as they will guide you throughout treatment and advise on side effects. What is eNurse?
If you think you may be experiencing an allergic reaction, please stop applying the medication and reach out to your prescribing dermatologist right away for 1:1 advice so they can help! How do I message my dermatologist?