We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing side effects, and we are here to help! Side effects can be common, especially during the beginning of treatment and may include, but are not limited to: redness, dryness, peeling, warmth, itching, and irritation. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please follow our dermatologist’s suggestions below to help manage them and improve your experience:
- Confirm that you are using the medication(s) according to your designated doctor’s instructions.
- Check out the "How to Use’’ section of the Musely App, as it contains advice for how to manage side effects!
- Make sure to follow eNurse check-ups as they will guide you throughout treatment and advise on side effects. What is eNurse?
- Ease into treatment: if you do not have previous experience with the active ingredients of your treatment, it should be used on alternating nights for the first two weeks to allow the skin to adjust.
- Apply a generous portion of your favorite moisturizer (we recommend CeraVe Moisturizing Cream) five minutes after application.
- Apply a mineral sunscreen daily to protect your skin, even when indoors.
- If you are using The Spot Cream, Hydrocortisone may have been included in your initial fill to help your skin adjust to the medication and minimize any potential side effects. The refills will not contain it, as long-term use of steroids such as hydrocortisone is not recommended. As such, you may experience a slight increase in irritation with refills.