Over-the-counter (OTC) skin care products are “cosmetic-grade”, meaning that they are not held to the same standards as prescription skincare products, which are pharmaceutical-grade. Review the following points to see how Musely compares with over-the-counter products.
- Safety: Prescription skincare is typically safer and more reliable than over-the-counter options. Musely's pharmacies follow all applicable FDA regulations and the ingredients are all FDA approved and can only be prescribed by a Board-Certified Dermatologist.
- Backed by clinical studies: Musely’s ingredients are also backed by clinical research that proves that the treatments are safe and effective for treating specific medical conditions. Alternatively, over the counter treatments are not required to have clinical studies or research behind their claims.
- Ingredients Potency: Prescription grade ingredients are more potent than OTC ingredients. For example, many of our formulas include tretinoin, which is proven to be up to 20x stronger than over-the-counter retinol. Our ingredients are also freshly compounded right before your order is shipped from our pharmacy. With this method, Musely ensures that the treatments are as potent and efficacious as possible for you!
- Customization: Unlike a "one size fits all" approach that OTC products offer, Musely offers over 100 unique formulations that can be customized by the patient and their designated doctor to create a personalized treatment plan.
- Freshly Compounded Medications: Musely freshly compounds their medications before delivery, a process that ensures the ingredients maintain peak levels of efficacy and potency. This method differs from factory-made, mass-produced, generic products that may have been packaged several months ago and lost their efficacy. Musely's medications are sealed in airless pump containers, ensuring optimal preservation and effectiveness without undergoing a mass manufacturing and storage process.
- Highly Concentrated Gold-Standard Ingredients: Musely's custom treatments incorporate unique combinations of highly concentrated, gold-standard ingredients, making them more effective than anything found over-the-counter.
- Accessibility: Found on drugstore shelves, OTC products are typically easily accessible. In times past, it could be daunting to obtain prescription medications, however, with Musely’s telemedicine service, it’s now possible to access prescription skincare treatments that are affordable, effective, and available to all once approved by your doctor!