- Visible results can take up to 6-8 weeks. For those with stubborn melasma, your dermatologist might suggest a few cycles of HQ (hydroquinone) on and off to upkeep your results long-term.
- HQ Safety Notice: check with your dermatologist for when you should take breaks from using HQ. Rare possibility of ochronosis if the HQ is overused.
- There are multiple formulas of this treatment. Discuss with your dermatologist if you would like to request a stronger or a more mild formula depending on your results and/or any side effects you experience. Make sure to wait 6-8 weeks before requesting a stronger formula.
- There can be a temporary darkening effect prior to the pigment improving, especially if there is irritation or dryness. Keep going.
- Side effects include peeling, redness, dryness and irritation. For information about how to manage side effects, please use eNurse check-ups in the Musely app.
- Use SPF 30+ daily. We recommend The Day Cream.
- Start slowly! Apply every other day until your skin adjusts. If you are not experiencing excess irritation, you can increase usage to daily and then, twice daily.
- Apply only on the face.
- Add The Anti-Aging Night Cream, The Spot Pill and/or The Spot Peel to boost results from this treatment.
- Shake the bottle before each use.
- If you have the M+ formula:
- Do not wax.
- Do not apply during daylight hours.
- Apply before bed to minimize UV exposure.
- Do not use benzoyl peroxide and other acids.
- It is not recommended to do cosmetic procedures (laser, peel, microneedling) for 4-7 days before or after using The Spot Cream.
- Do not apply more than instructed.
- Do not apply around the mouth and eyes or the neck..
- Do not apply to damaged or broken skin, including sunburn or open wounds.
- Stop using if you notice extreme itching, stinging or pain. Consult with your dermatologist.
- Stop use or switch to the HQ Free formula if pregnant or nursing.
How to Use
Apply The Spot Cream
For more Frequently Asked Questions with answers from our team of Board-Certified dermatologists: please visit our DOCTOR FAQ page.
How to Use: The Cleanser
How to Use: The Day Cream